Sunday, April 10, 2011

Said Better

My brother Gentzy has some pretty decent ideas every now and then. This one (pulled from an email) might be his crowning jewel:

Also, I have a suggestion for solving our country’s economic woes and the terrestrial woes of the entire country of Japan: let’s give them South Dakota. It’s not near any major fault lines, it’s far from the ocean and its tsunamis, it has business-friendly tax codes, and there is plenty of space.  If we give it to the Japanese, they will have that state humming in 4-6 years.  And, TADOW, they don’t sink in the ocean and we are back on top as the unquestionable world superpower.


He would call this South Tokyota. I think I would call it Nintendo Dakota. But we both agree it's the new San Fran and the street style would be out of this world. 

While we're on the subject of soft plagiarism, my friend Mary said this regarding bucket lists, and I couldn't agree more:

i am not ambitious enough to compile a list of 100 items
unless i googled bucket lists

And I know for a fact that she's done this. I just thought I'd share.

2 comments:

  1. i love this so much. if i could eat dinner with any three people it would be You, Gentzy, and Mary. Intellect, Humor, Good taste, and Class. and you'd be solving world problems while we're at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLing!!
    You are the Best thinker I know. How come I have never met this brother... I gots to.

    ReplyDelete