Monday, November 15, 2010

S is for Chick*

Today I went to the DMV to secure my spot among the mighty fine league of Utah drivers. When I first moved here I thought my Idaho plates gave me an excuse for being such a poor driver. Then I realized it gave Utah an excuse to resent me even more. Plus it was bad PR for Idaho. And I felt bad about that. I encountered my first problem with the bearded woman at the desk after asking for new plates.

Do you have a title?
-What's that.
Ok... do you have registration?
-Is this it?
That's an advertisment
-Is this it?
That's a police warning... Do you have a full name?
-Margaret Augusta Franz
...data entry... Would you like Centennial or Life Elevated plates?
-Life elevated please! Never skied a day in my life.

I think it was the Augusta that got her in the end. Here's to hoping that Utah fellowship brings me better luck and more love on the road.

* Title of the blog comes from my friend Chris Jones who said this the first time he saw my Toyota S.

No comments:

Post a Comment